Title/Position: Field Engineer
(Staff Aug Contract), Ability to convert to PERM employee over time (French not Required)
Start Date: Mid- June/ 2019
Location: Either Toronto GTA or Calgary Based
Work Remote as Required, anywhere in Canada at end user site locations
Mileage Expenses: All travel and meals will be reimbursed and paid with receipts.
Travel: 75% travel required from Toronto or Calgary base.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5pm However OT/Weekends may be required at times, as dictated by end users
Experience Skills Required:
Min 4 years - VxRail, VMware, VIM, Cisco Networking
The hire should live in a metro area of Toronto or Calgary and be able to commute anywhere in Canada on demand. Candidate will be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Candidate works with the customer's provided information to design and implement a solution based on the hardware and services purchased.
The individual will need to be very flexible and quick to adapt to new direction and required support, while adapting to a quick paced environment. Ability to work in any type of scenario; ie Retail POS, Mining, Canabis Sites, Health Care, Hospitality etc etc. with clients end users.
The hire should understand and be able to communicate technical and business issues with customers, project managers, account teams and other internal partners. The candidate must operate comfortably in a remote, self-directed, high availability or mission critical environments. Employees will perform technical implementation planning, deployment and other sustaining activities. The candidate should be comfortable leading and documenting customer facing technical planning calls to facilitate integration of the purchased solution into a customer’s environment. These solutions include but are not limited to new enterprise deployments, after point of sale enterprise upgrades, data migrations and networking.
· Plan and deploy complex and highly advanced hardware/software solutions and services.
· Subject matter expert in key technology areas.
· Identify, define, and establish organizational common practices.
· Develops and delivers ad-hoc training in their relevant specialties to their entire team.
· High level consultant who has in-depth knowledge across many of products and very advanced knowledge in two or three key areas.
· Provides strong technical knowledge and solution planning for the field services organization and engagement in a hybrid of complex or sensitive customer situations.
Job functions to include, but are not limited to:
- Document, plan and implement heterogeneous SAN/NAS, Hyperconverged Products.
- Core / Edge, L2/L3 Networks & SDN (Software define Networking).
- Document, plan and implement advanced software (e.g. Replication, Snapshot technology, Disaster recovery, SQL)
- Backup production readiness (e.g. Backup software planning and/or deployment)
- Storage upgrades (heterogeneous, layered apps)
- Enclosure/host adds (non-Windows)
- Virtualization implementation planning (VMware and/or HyperV)
- Data migration
- iSCSI/FC/FCoE related Switch Configuration
- Customer facing remote and onsite deployment of solutions
- Strong experience with Hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, AHV)
- Strong experience with Layer 2/3 switching
- Expertise in Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- Expertise in SAN including iSCSI and Fiber Channel, FCoE, Windows, Linux, VMware, Force10, Brocade.
- Experience with Data Migration, Replication, methodologies and tools
- Experience in data protection technology, basic concept and approach
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 lbs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Capable of effectively articulating service value proposition to customers
- Provide leadership during "critical situations" and demonstrate poise and professionalism
- VCP, CCNA, RHCE/T, MCSE, BCFP certifications are a plus
- 4+ years of related industry experience with Bachelor's Degree