Job Title: Business System Analyst
Type: Contract; 6 to 8 Weeks
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Start Date: March 9th, 2020
End Date: April 20th, 2020- could go on for an additional two weeks
The Business System Analyst works within client’s Datacenter Security (DCPS) Technology Pillar, which provides functional support to expand capabilities in the areas of technology development and delivery, project management, configuration and administration. The team is the nexus for all Data center Physical business lines and facilitates the delivery of integrated security and data collection applications. The Business System Analyst is an individual contributor that works within a matrix organization, supporting multiple business lines and 20+ remote data centers in support of client initiatives and deliverables as well as 150+ non-DCPS managed locations.
- Triage incoming service request emails to the DCATHelp mailbox and provides Tier 1 support to global end users.
- Escalates work stoppage issues to the appropriate service provider.
- Provides ad-hoc SQL Server reports to Security and Data center Management team members.
- Acquires and interprets data for decision making and provides decision support and analyses; may prepare and present written reports and oral presentation to leadership and the customer.
- Acts in the DC Administrator user role in DCAT, which includes management of Security, DC Approvers, Interim/Delegate Approvers and all hardkey groups and access levels.
- Initiates, tracks and manages quarterly audits of DCAT user roles enabled at 165 + datacenters.
- Maintains and coordinates programmatic changes to access level and hardkey matrices on behalf of DCPS managed sites.
- Identifies reporting and data processes that are inefficient and creates/changes processes to add measurable gains in data quality and decreased processing time.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and provides feedback.
- Manages and delivers detailed projects related to the access control tool.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on functional business process and systems as needed.
- Acts as a primary content owner for the DCATHelp Runbook by creating detailed process documentation and best practices for all data processes and technical solutions.
- Provides bi-weekly reporting on ongoing projects, bug statuses, service request metrics, most frequent issues and so on to DCAT stakeholder.
- Provides expertise in the formulation of systems scope and objectives relative to the organization’s business plan and industry requirements.
- Analyzes complex technical problems and independently troubleshoots issues, often by writing SQL queries against the DCAT database.
- Serves as liaison between users, vendor group, IT and the customer.
- Works with the Datacenter Physical Security Training Manager to facilitate applicable user training programs.
- Ensures data integrity and maintains systems security, standards and compliance with regulatory requirements; oversees data input and recommends modifications as needed.
- Ensures system availability and participates in the development of service level agreements.
- Communicates with other teams to facilitate program improvements and efficiencies.
- Aligns systems and processes to organizational standards, develops technical and operational policies and procedure as related to systems implementation.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field is highly desirable.
- 3+ years in applicable experience in related position or field.
- 2+ years security industry experience is highly desirable.
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification, sternly preferred.
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012 Strongly Preferred.
- Experience working in vendor/client relationship within matrix management structure.