- Job Title: Database Administrator (MS-SQL)
- Duration: Contract (3 months)
- Location: Remote
Our client is an industry leader specialized in handling containers moving between international markets, is currently looking for a DBA with strong experience in MS-SQL. The key component of the role is Database Schema Management, Performance Management, Applying MS SQL Best Practices, Troubleshooting Database Errors, Applying knowledge of deployment and designs of database architecture.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas.
- Operate in a fast pace delivery mode with focus on delivering tasks to meet test and production environment needs.
- Show customer focus for internal clients providing database support and expertise.
- Understand the need for scalability and the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be able to write code that meets standards and deliver the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Apply existing MS SQL Server technology at various levels to both new and existing systems.
- Understand database performance parameters and assess performance for investigations.
- Optimize/improve performance through design and coding best practices.
- Work with Product Leaders and Developers to understand product requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, and/or equivalent education/experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in database administration/development with MS SQL Server.
- Strong experience in database administration/development with MS SQL Server (minimum 7-10 years).
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource / performance contention.
- Strong knowledge of database backups, restores, recovery models, DBCC operations, Clustering, Replication.
- Experience in creating and implementing database operational automation.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity check, how statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Troubleshoot SQL Code and design if required (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns, and coding Principles.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server and Windows Server connectivity and security using Active Directory and certificates.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures, creation of SOP’s.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (SSMS, SSIS, SQL Profiler).