Job Title: Data Architect – SQL / ETL
Location: North York, ON
Our client is currently looking to hire a Data Architect and SQL expert who understands data visualization. The person will assess client requirements, detail their current data environment and design a BI strategy for developing and implementing ETL processes and designing and creating necessary data reporting solutions. Data visualization is also required with Tableau being highly preferred. The data skills should include experience with a variety of database platforms and technologies, ETL, and experience with data from a variety of industries. Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, quickly acclimating to new project data systems, and rapidly shifting between projects and data models.
- Analyzing the use of data and interpreting data directly against requirements.
- Capturing source data characteristics and abstracting them into consolidated databases using data modeling software.
- Determining the logical design characteristics and information management strategies necessary to store, move, and manage data from a wide variety of database platforms.
- Gathering, documenting, and designing data integration and data visualization requirements for projects for small organizations through large corporations.
- Use Tableau to rapidly generate impactful, interactive visualizations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a service delivery role.
- Substantial experience in SQL and SQL scripting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using data visualization tools.
- Proven track record in converting various OLTP source system databases into OLAP data warehouses and data marts for heavy use in data visualization tools.
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact with top executives while retaining an ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- A demonstrable ability to break problems down into discrete steps or activities.
- Strong knowledge of capabilities, functionality, and behaviours of BI reporting/data discovery tools.
- Very strong knowledge of ETL principles and a history of executing ETL plans as they relate to data discovery tools.
- Track record of working with common data models such as party, EAV, contract, subtype/ supertype, etc.
- Experience in basic DBA skills such as task scheduling, server operations, tuning, monitoring, etc.
- Data visualization best practices
- Tableau experience
- Practical application of data domain knowledge including: data lineage, data governance, metadata, etc.
- Strategies for optimizing OLAP structures to perform well in an environment with hundreds or thousands of end users and hundreds of millions or billions of records in the origin systems.