- Job Title: CISCO Network Engineer
- Type: Contract - 2 Months
- Location: Tempe, AZ 85282
- Starts: Aug 12, 2019
Our client is currently looking for a Cisco Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support their growing network infrastructure. The incumbent will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
Role & Responsibility
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, Wireless Devices).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of hands-on network engineering experience CCNP or higher and Cisco products.
- Deep understanding of networking communications (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, GRE).
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Solid understanding of VOIP communications.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field and 5 years of technical related experience or a minimum of 7 years of technical experience.