Job Title: Technical Writer (Business Consultant)
Type: Part time contract (6 months)
Location: Burnaby, BC V5H 4T8
Our client is currently looking for a bright and energetic, capable Technical Writer (or BA with Strong Writing Skills) to support their Vancouver team for contract. Work from home will be accommodated.
Role and Responsibility:
- An experienced technical writer to assist in helping Developers/ DBA with Build/ Sustainment/ Maintenance documents for application support.
- Prepares, reviews, approves, and executes associated validation protocols and related documents; will identify functional requirements and performance specification.
- Activities will include organizing the validation teams, driving user and technical documentation, tracking deviations, and reporting on the progress of the project to management.
- This position will prepare, review, approve, and execute validation protocols for a project as well as provide support to Project Management and the computer systems validation projects.
- Must have an IT background, with added work exposure to Utilities-based Environment along with understanding of Applications.
- Proficiency in MS Office and VISIO are necessary.
- Ability to multi-task with team members on multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Positive and results-oriented, yet careful and conservative in approach to planning.
- Thrives in challenging and changing environments.
- Superb oral and written communicator with exceptional Technical Writing ability.
- Able to manage expectations of all stakeholders.
- Able to be hands-on when required.
- Flexible, patient, collaborative and non-confrontational.
- Self-starter yet seeks guidance when required.
- Confident and mature personality.