Job Title: Bilingual Business Analyst
Type: Contract - 12 month
Location: Ottawa, ON
We have an exciting opportunity for an English/ French bilingual Business Analyst to join our fast-growing team of movers and shakers in the education sector located in the Ottawa area.
As a member of this group, you will be pivotal in the implementation of cutting-edge Student Information Systems (SIS) at the K-12 levels.
The Bilingual Business Analyst will play a hands-on role working with clients to perform workshop facilitation, business analysis, capture business requirements and prepare gap analyses.
In addition, the individual will be required to develop functional specifications, work with developers and other members of a dynamic and growing team, as we implement an innovative Student Information System.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Elicit and document requirements using document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user request from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and identify areas that need improvement or updating.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously as required.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding on how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements preferably in the K-12 Education Industry in Ontario.
- Serve as the IT liaison between the business community, stakeholders and the IT team members through which requirements and specifications will flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with IT team members and other subject matter experts to establish the solution vision and analyze trade-offs between usability, cost and efficiencies gained.
- Actively participate in the QA process as needed.
- Some trips will require overnight stays, and all associated costs will be reimbursed according to client's policies.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor s Degree in IT/ computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or relevant work experience.
- 5 years of experience in Business/ System Analysis and Quality Assurance with 2 years preferably in Agile environment.
- SaaS SIS system – Aspen experience is an asset.
- Ontario K-12 Education industry experience is highly preferred but not mandatory.
- Student Information System experience is highly preferred but not mandatory.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing preferably in a cloud-based environment.
- Strong analytic abilities and knowledge of analysis techniques and processes.
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in both English and French, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, staff and other subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated workshop facilitation experience.
- Experience in cost/ benefit and ROI analysis.
- Be result oriented and have a record of success in meeting deadlines.
- Experience working on transformational change projects and initiatives with a significant impact on process, people and technology.