- Job Title: Systems Administrator (Bilingual)
- Type: Contract (6 Months with Possibility of extension)
- Location: Montreal, QC
- Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Our client is one of the major retailers on Canada distributing household goods. They are currently looking for an experienced systems administrator to migrate Windows 2003-2008 servers to Windows 2019 or 2016.
The incumbent must have demonstrated their ability to carry out missions of this type on several occasions. The successful candidate must have experience of working in a team, be self-taught, resourceful, autonomous and have all the expertise and skills required for the execution of this mandate. Bilingualism is a must have.
Overview of the role
- The duties are included but not limited to:
- Perform a detailed impact analysis for each server.
- Interview internal end-users who have systems or applications running on the source server to be migrated.
- Prepare the required network diagrams.
- Write detailed migration procedures listing all the ins and outs related to the migration steps.
- Complete the technical template required from the Change Committee for technical approval of the proposed change.
- Proceed with the migration, which may take place outside normal hours.
- Liaise with partners involved throughout the migration process.
Note that the successful candidate must be able to perform an appropriate knowledge transfer, after each migration, to ensure that the permanent team is able to support the new server environments independently.