- Position: Bilingual Strategic Account Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Quebec
- Starts: ASAP
Our client currently has an opening for a Bilingual Strategic Account Manager with experience in the steel or paint industry to work in Quebec. Your mandate will be to promote and sell pre-painted and electrogalvanized products, or services, supplied as a package or on a toll coat basis.
- Regular planned communications with customers, both via telephone and in person. Communication of key issues back to company management in either a trip report, or e-mail format.
- Prepare yearly Sales Plans/Forecasts that include customer profiles, risk and opportunity factors, expected sales, and income/hour for each commodity sold within their sphere of responsibility.
- Execute approved sales plan and report on regular basis variances to forecasted sales and changes in significant customer profiles.
- Be cognizant with significant personnel changes at the customer to ensure Company’s interests are maintained.
- Plan, prepare, and negotiate pricing that reflect given market conditions per account for yearly business in addition to daily pricing requests or sales opportunities.
- Report complaints/concerns and promptly settle any commercial issues with support information from internal technical staff.
- Coordinate with quality, purchasing, production scheduling, and shipping to ensure customer needs and expectations are met.
- Monitor finished inventory levels with the priority to minimize aged stock and prevent further production if inventory levels exceed customer demand. Assist customer with their ordering ensuring they are away of lead times for production, and availability of paint, and substrate.
- Prepare order reconciliation for tolled orders to determine magnitude of scrap after processing and issue credit where scrap allowances have been exceeded.
- Obtain and communicate pertinent information to internal staff in relation to customer specifications and product requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or related experience.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in related steel/paint industry.
- Engineering background is desirable, but not a must have
- Understanding of the technical capabilities of the Electro galvanizing and Paint Line, and their products.
- Knowledge of coil coating industry and associated products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiating and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide spectrum of internal and external contacts.