Job Title: Remote Senior Storage Engineer
Duration: 11 Months (possible of revised end date)
Start Date: July 12th, 2021
End Date: July 8th, 2022
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Day to day operations and infrastructure management of the customer storage infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and solving any technical challenges that arise.
- Mentoring and shadowing of customer staff to guide the adoption of best practices and sound process.
- Review environment and provide recommendations on procedures, functionality, and efficiency.
- Advise Customer staff on current environment technical direction.
- Provide guidance & assistance on upgrades, patches, and updates.
- Provide guidance & assistance on hardware, firmware, and software.
- Availability, capacity, and performance audits and assist with recommended changes.
- Perform configuration and environment reviews with customer staff.
- Perform evaluations of new features and functionalities with customer staff.
- Provide enhanced support escalation to OEM support team when needed.
- 7+ years’ experience in Storage Engineering.
- Experience with multiple storage environments: Pure Storage (SAN and NAS), Hitachi VSP (SAN), and NetApp (NAS).
- Hands on experience with Pure FlashArray (SAN) and Pure FlashBlade (NAS).
- Heavy knowledge with VMWare, physical UNIX servers, and Brocade switches/directors.
- Ideally experience migrating customers from one storage environment to another.
- Experience working with multiple customers or working directly for an OEM or a VAR.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be bilingual English and French
- Excellent customer service and support.