Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Location: Montreal, Quebec H4C 3C7
Start Date: July 5, 2021 or sooner
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing and exciting startup environment, then this is the job for you! As a sales development representative, you will be responsible for leading the growth within your sales region by qualifying, managing and converting leads – landscape contractors. In this role, you’ll be working closely with other members of the sales team, as well as the operations and marketing departments. You’ll play a pivotal role in growing our business from day 1 and you’ll be able to continuously share your ideas with us. What’s more? As our company grows, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us!
What You’ll Do
- Generate new business leads for your region and update our CRM (HubSpot)
- Prospect new business leads, through telephone and email communication
- Understand customer pain points and clearly articulate the value we provide
- Attend trade shows and business development meetings to build rapport with your leads
- Develop business review presentations for large customers in your region
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders in political positions
- Strategize with the marketing and sales team to meet our sales and financial targets
- Work with the tech team to support the technical integration of the purchasing process
What You’ll Need
- 0-2 years of experience in outbound sales or customer service
- Degree in marketing or related field (Preferred but not mandatory)
- Written and spoken proficiency in English (French, a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Positive attitude, perseverance and drive to meet objectives
- Outgoing, adaptable and inquisitive personality
- Ability to work independently and in a team
What We Value
- Having fun through the wins and the losses
- Supporting each other through teamwork
- Growing together on a business and personal level
- Being resourceful and making sh*t happen
- Caring for our team, company and community
Why Work at GoMaterials?
As one of Montreal’s fastest-growing startups, GoMaterials is revolutionizing the procurement process in the landscape construction industry! Our B2B marketplace optimizes how landscape contractors source plant and hardscape materials and has allowed us to be named one of Canada’s most innovative companies in 2018 by Innovations of the World. Over the last 3 years, we have helped landscapers save time, money, and stress and plant over 1.5 million plants and trees.
Lead by a young and eager group of entrepreneurs, GoMaterials is aggressively expanding across North America, with an expected growth of over 100% in 2021. We are therefore looking for amazing people to add to our team! With our work-hard, play-hard mentality, this won’t be your routine 9 to 5.
What to Look Forward To:
- The chance to share your ideas & make an impact
- Personal & professional development programs
- A great team culture with virtual lunches, 5à7s, games, funny slack channels, etc.
- Promotion opportunities as our team continues to grow yearly
- Flexible hours & work-from-home (optional even post-pandemic)