Job Title: Bilingual Level 3 IT Support Technician – French and English
Type: Contract to Permanent (Perm would be offered after 6 months)
Location: Mississauga, ON
Salary: $50,000 - $55, 000/ Year
Start Date: ASAP
Rotational Shifts: Start time at 8:00 am or 9:00 am would-be on-site shifts. Evening shift starting at 1:30pm to 10pm would be working from home. Shifts would rotate every couple weeks.
Role: The role will work on support, deployment, installation, and upgrade of PC workstations, tablets, printers (laser and thermal), peripherals as well as associated operating system and application software at the desktop level, including troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software failures.
- Providing technical support to field technicians via phone, email, and remote assistance
- Remote assist postal employees to replace/swap POS equipment and cables.
- Configure and stage POS equipment for postal outlets.
- Bench repairs of POS equipment (laser printers, receipt printers, label printers, payment devices, PC’s, handheld scanners, scales, cellular modems, tablets)
- Perform hardware maintenance and installation
- Updating ticketing application(s), spreadsheets, and support call details
- Support field technicians and perform non tech/remote installs with the customer
- Deploy desktop and peripherals following deployment documentation and checklists
- Perform complex hardware and/or software upgrades to existing equipment.
- Utilize a strong set of troubleshooting skills to determine and resolve the root cause of most hardware or software malfunctions at the desktop level
- Perform moves, adds, changes of computer POS equipment
- Understand and carry-out deployment according to strict guidelines
- Bi-lingual (English/French) written and verbal communication skills
- College or University education in Electronics or Computer Science
- A+ Certification
- Three (3) years of related job experience (field or depot)
- Certification on HP and/or Lexmark Printers would be a big asset.
- Experience repairing LCD/Touchscreen, PCs, and printers
- Experience with MS office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis.