Location: 6665 Chemin St-François, Saint-Laurent
Duration: 3 Months
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: March 4, 2022
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Pay Rate: $35.00/hour to $40/hour
We are looking for an experienced Network Technician who wants to step into new challenges, escalated timelines and have the satisfaction of knowing your role is crucial to a successful manufacturing enterprise. The Network Technician will be responsible for deploying and supporting all telecommunications network within North America. This includes supervising the use of LANs and WANs, resolving any network connectivity issues that may arise, maintaining, and supporting the current technologies, as well participating in new projects that aim to improve the existing North American network infrastructure.
- Collaborating with peers to execute daily operations and special projects
- Updating and maintaining network equipment
- Maintaining and resolving issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP telephone switches, routers, firewall, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Coordinating with vendors to resolve technical problems with network equipment and software
- Travel to our different North American locations to implement new technology and infrastructure solutions.
- Document network configurations, problems, and related resolutions.
- Support and implement change management strategies.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance optimization.
- Work closely with Technology Architects and Systems Analysts to implement, maintain, and support infrastructure and network solutions.
- Sharing knowledge, discoveries, ideas, challenges, and solutions with peers, Managers, and Executives
- When necessary, ensure emergency operational support outside office hours.
Qualifications & experience
- Bilingual – French and English.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, network administration, system administration or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience as Network Technician
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and standards: IP and Ethernet technologies, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) and service quality parameters (QoS).
- Experience with structured cabling design and implementations.
- Knowledge of telecommunication industry in the following areas: LAN, WAN, VPN, IP Telephony, and wireless technology.
- Knowledge of network technologies in multisite environment.
- Experience with network monitoring solutions (ex. PRTG)
- Technical certifications are an asset (Cisco CCNA, ITIL, CISSP, etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise security environments.
- Excellent attention-to-detail and ability to stay organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong capacity to work with the sense of urgency. Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Innovative problem-solver, creativity, and detail-oriented planner.
- Good sense of adaptability in a diversified environment, working with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with end-user support and understanding of the internal customer’s perspective. Demonstrate patience and empathy.
- Creative and proactive approach to network and cyber-security environments.
- Experience providing network solutions is a manufacturing enterprise is an asset.