Job Title: Bilingual Help Desk Technician
Location: Montreal QC H3X 4B2
Work Schedules: Monday to Friday - 8 hours/day
Shifts: 9am to 5pm, 8am to 4pm, 10 to 6pm/ shifts may rotate in the future
The Bilingual Help Desk Technician is responsible for Level 2 service desk support of all desktop hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment.
Role and Responsibility
- Effectively manage issues through multiple forms of inbound requests such as queue calls (phone), e-mails, web forms, or client tracking databases.
- Respond to all Help desk requests in timely and professional manner.
- Accurately prioritize, categorize, and log calls into problem management system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to system configuration, hardware, password resets, Microsoft operating systems, security, desktop applications, and peripherals.
- Research/troubleshoot issues using the tools available.
- Navigate internal/external reference support materials.
- Proactively following up on all open issues.
- Work closely with other team members to identify and suggest resolutions and improvements.
- Interface extensively with end users, peers, computer technicians and other IT personnel for the resolution or escalation of desktop related problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year Associate Degree (field related) or equivalent experience required.
- Must be Bilingual in English and French.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years helpdesk experience in a corporate environment.
- Requires extensive working knowledge of all hardware/software concepts, including all supported.
- Microsoft products and network/account management tools.
- ServiceNow or similar application experience.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or ITIL or similar certifications preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to diagnose and resolve moderately complex system hardware, software, network, and operator issues.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business/professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations.
- Ability to write reports and/or business correspondence in French is a must.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, other teammates required.
- Must have exceptional customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and present a professional image.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible with assigned work schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May have extensive periods of sitting, typing and phone use (may include headset). May need to lift up to 10 lbs. As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform us during the application process.