Job Title: Bilingual Desktop Services Engineer I
Type: Contract - 5 Months
Location: Montreal, QC H3N 1X9
Start Date: ASAP
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00 PM
- Provide professional assistance to internal and external customers having hardware- and software-related problems with their supported desktop, laptop or peripherals.
- Able to resolve local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the Corporate network, and work with the Infrastructure and Messaging teams as necessary to resolve incidents.
- Support is provided in a timely manner in accordance to published SLAs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfactions.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Level-1 technical support for supported desktops, laptops, and peripherals. This includes the following activities:.
- Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.
- May participate in IT projects. Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software onsite & via SCCM.
- Performing planned installs, maintenance, moves, adds and changes. Provide support services to employees with technical problems issues involving desktop, laptops, mobile devices or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access (VPN).
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customers to appropriate technical personnel.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations to appropriate teams for creation and maintenance of standard images.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical incidents including network connectivity issues.
- Ability to work on call after hours as required.
- Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers.
- Able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Providing case status updates to management and end-users. Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers, as well as onsite desktop support.
- Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications.
- Escalate unresolved issues to management promptly. Identify potential multi-user issues and escalate accordingly.
- Provide feedback and recommendations, and create / update KBA (Knowledge Based Articles)
- Needs to be bi-lingual French and English.
- Strong customer service skills. Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership.
- Solid technical and analytical skills required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, support, and repair software and hardware for desktop and laptop computers.
- Knowledge of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems. Experience with Active Directory administration.
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, use and troubleshooting techniques of supported versions of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent certifications and 1-2 year IT experience required.
- Beginner Level Service Now experience.
- Intermediate Level SCCM experience.
- Beginner Level Mobile Device Management experience