Job Title: L2 Bilingual Deskside Support Technician
Type: Contract - 4 month - Break between December 19th and January 3rd – Christmas Holidays
Location: Longueil (Québec) J4G 1Y6
Under supervision, performs technical and administrative work in installing, supporting and maintaining the Point of Sales (POS) systems (cash registers) for our Client. Work involves deployment, maintenance and support of all computers (servers, desktops, cash registers and laptops), databases, networked and standalone printers, label printers, scanning equipment and all other IT equipment.
Essential Job Duties
- Installs, supports and maintains POS system computers (servers, desktops, cash registers, laptops and tablets).
- Supports and maintains POS related devices, like POS printers, scanners and credit card readers.
- Uses a variety of computer software such as Office 365, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Server OS, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various clients and individuals throughout the company.
- Performs the installation and configuration of Cash Register Keys, Cash Drawer Springs, Bill Weights, and Inserts, Drawer Rollers, and Mechanisms.
- Printer Rubber Journal Belts, Journal Spoolers, Rubber Rollers, Journal Motors.
- Keyboard Buttons and Covers. SAM4s Ink Ribbons. Cash Register Paper Rolls. copier, print, and scan functions.
- Prepares documentation of all adds, moves, and changes throughout the network.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, system hardware and software, and computer server systems. Windows 2000/2003/2008/2013 server, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Windows 7/8, TCP/IP, SQL, VMware, scanning software and hardware, and label printing hardware and software.
Education and Experience
- Fully bilingual French/English
- Requires at least two years of college work, preferably in the field of Information Technology.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Information Technology field a plus, but not necessary.
- At least 1-2 years experience in the maintenance and support of Point-of-Sales (POS) systems, both hardware and software. Experience in Micros systems is preferred, but experience in any POS software is acceptable
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.