Job Title: BI ETL Data Analytics
Location: North York, ON Toronto
Schedule: 9am to 5pm – 40 hrs per week
Our client is currently looking to hire a Data Analytics expert who can manage their projects and is a BI expert with very strong ETL skills.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding data skills including experience with a variety of database platforms and technologies, ETL, and experience with data from a variety of industries. Required skills are Alteryx and good data background.
Primary duties of this position include:
- Analyzing the use of data and interpreting data directly against requirements.
- Determining the logical design characteristics and information management strategies necessary to store, move, and manage data.
- Gathering, documenting, and designing data integration and data visualization requirements for projects for small organizations through large corporations.
- Client-comes-first attitude. Knowing that the job and day is not done until the client has what they asked for. (we don’t always work after hours, but sometimes we have to!)
- A minimum of 5 years of understanding complex ETL, data conversion and extract strategies suitable to a wide variety of industries and enterprises.
- Lead data architecture design activities to develop and support the company’s ETL, data warehouse, and data virtualization requirements for our various clients.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Facilitate best practice guidelines around all stages of development
- Develop ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds defined by the business customer
- Experience Alteryx
- Other ETL tools – ideally Knime
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a service delivery role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact with top executives while retaining an ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with rapidly changing priorities.