Job Title: BI Data Analyst
Type: Contract - 6 Months
Location: 100% Remote – Supporting Atlantic Time Zone
The ideal candidate will have outstanding data skills including experience with data analytics tools, data governance and overall master data management (MDM) as well as knowledge of a variety of database platforms and ELT technologies. This position will drive efficiencies and help transform our organization into a data-driven culture that links outcomes to business value and corporate goals, by harnessing the true value of data.
Primary duties of this position include:
Key outcomes from our successful engagement will include transformation to a data-driven culture focused on people, data, usability and an essential set of guiding principles. A data-driven culture where everyone is speaking the same language, data is available and trustworthy, and people can interact with it in many ways. It is also inclusive, with governance and ethics at the forefront.
Supporting this transformation, the candidate will assess client data & analytics requirements, detail the clients current data domains and suggest best practices for developing and implementing ETL processes for analytics and data visualizations.
This individual will need to be a self-starter who can analyze, recommend, and deliver the work required to meet the objectives of the initiative. Will need to develop a deep understanding of how the data will be shared and consumed across various business units of the organization as well as identify gaps relating to data, database or data related processes, recommend and implement solutions to address these.
Key Objectives of this Position:
- Developing a data catalog including as a start - catalogs, glossaries, datasets and data lineage (source to source, DB to DB).
- Review existing data quality to help us develop an understanding of potential data cleansing efforts, as well as what may be required to maintain the quality of data.
- Development of data governance policy and the recommendation of supporting tools to maintain ongoing governance.
- Data lifecycle management.
- Data use tracking.
- Interest in machine learning and AI for metadata collection, tagging, semantic inference.
- Maintaining server and cloud data & analytics infrastructure.
- A minimum of 5 years of data conversion and extract strategies suitable to a wide variety of industries and enterprises.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using data visualization tools.
- Facilitate best practice guidelines around all stages of development.
- Experience with BI tool – Tableau Desktop and Tableau Online/ Server.
- Database experience with Microsoft SQL & Oracle.
- ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) experience with TIBCO Cloud and BusinessWorks.
- Microsoft SQL – writing basic SQL statements and publishing SQL views.
- Database knowledge and experience with DB architecture.
- Experience with meta-data, catalog for business users.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency and exercises good judgement.
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently.