Job Title: Azure-Cloud Data Base Analyst
Location: Dallas, Texas
Start Date: July 19th, 2020 or ASAP
End Date: July 22nd, 2022
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Reports To: Managed Services
Overview Job Description
Azure Cloud DBA works to support digital transformation of databases to the cloud. Keep enterprise databases humming on cloud as performance demands and data volumes increase. Transform client cloud strategy into technical reality through the build and support of hybrid and managed public cloud landscapes.
• You will be responsible to grow your database knowledge and branching out into more data formats and platforms, so you can design the optimal database ecosystem for your organization.
• You will be expected to migrate data to the cloud with tools to help you learn the basic processes, as well as the easiest paths.
• You will need to leverage understanding how to manage costs so you can optimize and justify monthly usage costs (instead of three-to five year refresh cycles).
• You will be expected to make a strong plan for your cloud migration with preliminary actions and considerations from DBA prespective: Approach rehosting, refactoring, rearchitecting and rebuilding your database workloads for the cloud.
• You will be expected to find the right tools and resources to make a faster, friction-free migration project; plan for post-migration success with processes for assessment, optimization, security, and management.
• You will be exploring cloud database capabilities to drive data-driven business outcomes, cloud security and governance, and performance tuning.
• You will also be expected to broaden your horizons with value-added activities to boost your career, including big data, AI and machine learning, and app development.
• Cloud DBA with at least 3-5 years of experience with cloud services -- including open source technology, software development, system engineering, scripting languages, and multiple cloud provider environments.
• Good Understanding & Knowledge on Cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS)
• knowledgeable about the costs incurred when maintaining the data infrastructure, as well as architecting systems in a way that is in line with the company’s requirements and budget.
• should have a deep and nuanced understanding of the value of the company’s data, and taking the appropriate measures to keep this value intact when data-related technology fails
• Ability to use the Azure portal services console.
• Experience in monitoring the performance of the infrastructure and constantly finding ways to make it faster.
• Experience in protecting sensitive data distributed across various cloud databases and explore possible internal and external threat sources, and comply with corporate security guidelines.
• Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform.
• Deployments of workloads using Packer with ADO pipelines
• Knowledge of orchestration frameworks and Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools (for example: Hudson/Jenkins, Ansible/Chef ).
• Knowledge in the following DevOps tools: OpenShift / ICP / Kubernetes, Docker
• Scripting experience, at least one of the following languages – Go / Python / Ruby / Java /C++.
• Experience with Ansible or other configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet) is an advantage.
• Experience in Configuring Networks, Monitoring Resources with Log Analytics, Compute administration, Implement and Manage Storage and protecting Identities.
• The team supports 24x7 production and working shifts and a weekend day if required.
• Good understanding in Linux administration skills (RedHat / CentOS / Ubuntu).
• Experience working in agile/scrum teams.
• Hands on experience in high scale production support(L1/L2/L3).
• Experience in troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale issues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Motivated with a high desire to learn.
• Results-driven with strong commitment.
Possible, to support migrations, over weekends
- Strong experience DBA experience (Oracle/SQL Server or any DB)
- Strong experience in azure database services (Azure SQL, Azure SQL Database, Azure Database Migration Service, Table Storage etc)
- Data Cluster Management
- Data Security patterns (At Rest & At transit)
- Azure IaaS experience
- Azure Administration (IAM, VMs, Storage, VPN, Securities, Monitoring)
- Azure Development
- Cloud migration process & tools (Azure migrate, SRE)
- Certification (if any will be a plus):
- Azure fundamentals AZ 900
- Azure Administrator AZ103
- Implementing an Azure Data Solution DP 200
- Designing an Azure Data Solution DP 201
Previous, related experience
Nice to Have:
Professional, polite, experience with dealing with end users
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Clear and concise communications, written and spoken
- Experience with trouble-shooting as required
- Good people skills and work well on a team
- Provides timely & accurate timesheet reporting weekly