Title: Azure Architect
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: 6 months contract
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure with a focus on Azure (AWS is a plus) using industry best practices.
- Define and implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process.
- Hands on in implementing proposed solutions and be able to technically guide extended teams during development and deployment of solution.
- Strong understanding of Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration process. This will include and not limited to Azure database migration technologies and refactoring options.
- Work independently with technical and business stakeholders, understand business problems and perform due diligence
- Considers the art of the possible, compare various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
- Application rationalization, scoring, mapping dependencies and define roadmaps to support the application migration
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
Qualification and Experience:
- 2 years of proven experience with cloud infrastructure (VM, SQL, VNET, User defined routes, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate, Traffic Manager, Azure Automation, Storage, ARM Templates, Azure Load balancer, API Gateway and Azure AD)
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Azure and 3rd party monitoring tools
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating system configuration, automation and management
- Strong expertise in building cloud native enterprise scale applications and moving applications from on-premises to cloud environments
- Strong understanding of the cloud architecture patterns and solution design principles
- Strong understanding of different attributes for cloud application availability, scalability and ability to propose optimized design for cloud
- Microsoft Certified Azure Architect Expert a plus
- Able to work with customer and provide best fit solutions and able to guide team technically in delivering those solutions.
- Proven Customer Consulting Experience
- Candidate must have ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic