Title: AWS Architect
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: 6 months contract
- To serve as a primary technical associate of the business improvement team in assisting in confirming customer success in creating applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Responsible for building and integration of computer systems and information for meeting specific needs. Typically, this involves the integration of hardware and software for meeting the customer-defined purpose, examination of current systems and architecture.
- To have a have a working practice of DevOps tools.
- Actively participate as an AWS technical SME on teams to help promote the development of Cloud solutions.
- Establish standards, guidance and best practices for AWS Solutions.
- Establish the appropriate monitoring and alerting of solution events related to performance, scalability, availability, and reliability.
- Monitor environment for usage and performance metrics.
- To understand client engagement, critically towards well-defined purposes and achievement standards.
- They work with technical and business staff for recommending solutions for more effective systems.
- To possess each technical commitment and assist in ensuring a suitable and successful delivery of agreed cloud services.
- To shorten the time required for the production. Should be capable of deploying automation infrastructure by utilizing the AWS Cloud Formation technique
- Need to maintain a balance between enterprise concerns and architectural concerns.
Qualification and Experience:
- 2 or more years of IT implementation experience using AWS
- Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry to provide thought leadership (seminars, whitepapers etc.,) and mentor team to build necessary competency
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- In depth knowledge of key AWS services like EC2, S3 etc
- Proven experience assessing client’s workloads and technology landscape for Cloud suitability, develop business case and Cloud adoption roadmap
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.