Position: AVP, Advanced Analytics
Type: Full time
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client, a leader in their field, currently has an opening for an AVP, Advanced Analytics to join their team in downtown Toronto. In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s Data Strategy, as well as leading a team focused on delivering existing advanced analytical practices and the development of new advanced analytics capabilities across all departments to help identify strategic and tactical business opportunities, develop solutions based on data insights, and resolve operational issues. If you have a passion for Analytics and BI and are up for this exciting challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Co-leading the development and implementation of the Company Data Strategy.
- Ensuring effectiveness and development of enhancements for existing analytics programs and processes.
- Developing new analytics programs and processes to help meet and exceed corporate objectives.
- Working with key stakeholders to design and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to help ensure effective product management and growth.
- Ensuring timely calculation and delivery of product KPIs to all stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing effective Data Governance practices at Company.
- Guiding analytical research and development to support corporate objectives.
- Promoting the adoption of “Opportunity Management” framework within the organization.
- Seeking innovative solutions for difficult problems and always striving to develop solutions that are sustainable and flexible.
- Communicating and reinforcing company strategy, objectives and values to the team.
- Adopting the Company culture and being a culture promoter for the team and beyond.
- Setting the team and personal Objectives and guiding the development of “key results” for direct employees.
- Encouraging direct and indirect employees to establish personal development goals and creating plans to achieve them.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with analytics tools vendors and partners.
- Maintaining current knowledge of data analytics trends and developments.
- Maintaining expert knowledge and proficiency with modern analytical techniques, approaches, algorithms and tools.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- Hands-on experience at a senior level in developing and maintaining effective data analytics practices.
- Experience in establishing and implementing Data Governance practices.
- Knowledge of Company products; Data Mining, Databases, analytical tools (for example: SAS/SPSS). BI, Excel, SQL, Machine learning.
- Strong people management skills and experience (mentoring, motivating, coaching, etc.)
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to provide detailed technical and process guidance to the team.
- Create a strong culture of collaboration and partnership with cross-functional peers.
- Strong analytical acumen, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have skills:
Must have a scientific and technical background, must be able to prove that they have the ability to manager a data scientist. AWS Stack – repackaging Machine Learning, R, Python, Sage maker (jupyter notebook/ hub), bigdata, hdfs, cloudera, DBMS: Amazon redshift, oracle, AWS. Moving more towards AWS and Cloud maybe azure. AWS certs would be an asset.