Job Title: Automation QA Analyst
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Our client, a fast-paced, ever-changing and exciting start-up, is looking for a Bilingual QA Analyst who not only be responsible for developing automated test frameworks for web-based project but will also help build QA strategies and procedure for our development process. You will be responsible for designing the test plan and strategy, establishing quality standards and identifying user experience issues. As QA Analyst, you will also continuously inspect platform and help improve the product.
The ideal candidate needs to be a self-motivated, insightful, team-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Description of work:
- Develop automated test tools for JAVA/Spring MVC based backend API with web testing framework such as Selenium.
- Develop automated test framework for Angular (8+) based frontend with tools such Jasmine & Karma.
- Monitor and measure the health of both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL database.
- Lead and execute the manual test plan.
- Inspect tech infrastructure for potential risks.
- Document and categorize identified issues on JIRA and report to tech lead.
- Design test strategy with combination of different types of testing – regression, stress, load, security, smoke, etc.
- Lead the release testing efforts for product deployment.
- Identify potential opportunities for test automation.
- Conduct cross-platform testing and identify defect priority.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to support problem resolving.
- Coach and train other QA members on best testing practices.
- Work as a key member of our agile software development team to improve product quality.
Qualities we are searching for:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in automated testing development for web applications.
- Good communication skills in English to clarify and document identified issues.
- Experience with API and web application test framework such as Selenium.
- Knowledge of frontend testing tools such as Jasmine & Karma is an asset.
- Working experience with Agile software development and JIRA.
- Ability to lead and support other team members to execute test plan.
- CI/CD development experience is an asset.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.