Job Title: Bilingual Associate Technical Consultant
Type: Contract (12 months)
Location: Montreal, QC H3N 1X9
Our client is one of the leaders in information and communications technology and a provider of IT products and services, including hardware, software, networking, and business solutions, to customers in more than 100 countries. They are currently in the process of strengthening their support services team and they need a dedicated ASPEN Office Automation Service Analyst for the Student Information System (SIS) help desk. This analyst should be located in Montreal and ideally have previous experience with student information systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Serve as the first contact for questions relating to student information system registration requests and service requests via our ITSM ticket management system, by phone or email.
· Diagnose precisely the problems related to the request, gather all applicable information, and perform standard preliminary research using all relevant available resources.
· Communicate effectively with applicants in a clear, positive, and professional manner.
· Use the ITSM knowledge base tool to determine solutions and provide answers to customer issues and service requests.
· Clearly and completely document responses to service requests in our ticket management system and track incidents until resolution/closure.
· Work closely with the Application Support team to find solutions to reported issues.
· Triage and escalate issues as needed to support team and vendor for resolution.
· Provide customers with ongoing updates and control tickets from creation to closure through the ticket management system.
· Contribute to the ITSM knowledge base through relevant articles.
· Act as a customer advocate; share problems and suggestions.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the student information system and other applications used in the education ecosystem.
· Experience with Aspen or a similar K-12 Student Information System (working in school / college / university environment) is preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of work experience in IT Application Support environments.
· Bug/Testing experience.
· Information Technology education/certification (e.g., ITIL will plus).
· Logical problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and oral communications.
· Customer interaction experience - in person or telephone.
· Ability to deal with high-stress situations, urgent issues, and customer dissatisfaction.
· Fluency in English and French (written and oral).