Job Title: Agile Coach
Location: Toronto, ON
You work across the organization to bring this agile mindset to life. You help to ensure we deliver value to our customers faster by embedding agile methodologies and best practices into the way we work every day. The Agile Coach is responsible for both individual and team coaching, as well as contributing to the overall organizational Agile transformation strategy. As an Agile Coach, you will design and implement a strategy for teams to continuously improve their use of Agile principles and practices. Responsibilities for the Agile coach will include:
- Act as an Agile Coach for 1-2 teams with a focus on guiding the team towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate retrospectives and share themes with management team
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Work with team to put together the process for the team to figure out “how” a feature/story will be developed, including the breaking down of stories/requirements into technical tasks
- Work hands-on with teams. Shadow ceremonies and provide on the spot or after the meeting coaching to make them more effective
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement within each team
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across teams and functions
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Demonstrate and share experiences and observations with all team members to make sure that the best practices are being used and recommend improvements to development processes
- Deliver hands-on coaching of individual teams in all aspects of scrum, scrum ceremonies, self-organization, collaboration, managing flow, limiting WIP, etc.
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Perform maturity assessments to baseline team performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Create, launch, and facilitate Agile collaborative groups & Communities of Practice
- Work with other Agile Coaches to share knowledge and ensure that our ways of working are consistent, when possible, across the teams
- Monitor, track and provide outward communication for improved transparency on the team’s progress against their delivery goals for key product/feature releases
- Acts as a safeguard for the team - shielding them from outside distractions and interferences.
- Coach Product Owners in working with Scrum Teams and assist them with keeping the backlog groomed
- Create, build, and deliver customized Agile training as needed to Teams & Product Owners
- At least 3 years of experience working in an agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Previous experience of large-scale Agile coaching experience with methods such as Scrum, XP, Lean and Kanban.
- Hands-on experience applying lean/Agile methodologies within product development environments
- Consulting and facilitation skills in leading technical teams in the adoption and improvement of Agile methodologies.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication skills in English both in written and spoken form
- Strong listening and facilitation skills
- Career learning and development programs